A Woman on the Way

9 comments
A Woman on the Way

ON THE WAY TO BECOMING A BLOGGER....

I’ve thought about blogging for almost a year now but have had a bit of trouble getting started. The thought of setting up a page, coming up with a theme and a name and writing things that have any interest or quality on a regular basis has all seemed a bit overwhelming. But I see the value in it – it’s a way to reflect on events of my life, look forward to the future, examine my beliefs, connect with others and apply my mind to something productive in my spare time. So with this first post I’m finally on the way…

ON THE WAY OF JESUS....

The most important thing to know about me to start with is that I follow Jesus (I’m a Christian). In the Bible, his teachings are referred to in multiple places as “The Way”. Perhaps one of his most well-known statements was “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) I believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus, which paid the penalty for my rebellion against God and so made the Way back to Him. I now walk on this Way of Jesus and that influences everything. So there you have it – now there won’t be any surprises – the things I write will often be flavoured with this gospel and what that means for my life.

ON THE WAY TO BECOMING WHO I AM....

As an adopted daughter of God, he wants me to behave like it. The trouble is, I often don’t – I fall back into the ways of who I was before this adoption (a slave to my own desires). Day by day, God teaches me more about who I am because of my identity as his child and enables me to live like it. But I’m a work in progress. So in that sense, I am on the way to becoming who I am, who God made me to be.

NOW LET'S GET STARTED!!!


A Woman on the Way




9 comments

  1. So glad you took the plunge, sister xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to become a blogger, it is a lot of work but so well worth it. I love your name. Thanks for joining us at bloggers pit stop. Hope to see you next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and sorry for my delayed reply! It has been great to link up at bloggers pitstop, so thank you :-).

      Delete
  3. Shh, don't tell anyone, but I'm a bit of a blogging snob, Hannah. I like visually appealing sites that are well designed with minimal clutter and ease of user access firmly in mind. Yours passes with flying colours. While you may have felt a bit overwhelmed at finding the right name and choosing a theme, you've excelled. Congratulations, Hannah.
    Karen - https://profoundjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a compliment from a person I can see is a seasoned blogger (I liked your website too) :-). But I must give credit where credit is due - I've had a lot of help from my mother in law, Leanne (crestingthehill.com.au) in getting it looking pretty! So really the compliment goes to her for being a great blog mentor :-).

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post on how you are describing the meaning of your blog. I remember when I was in your shoes when it came to thinking about starting a blog. It took me almost 2 years to finally just do it. I'm almost a year in blogging and I love it. Welcome to the blogging world - Enjoy and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm welcome - I am certainly enjoying my blogging journey so far! :-)

      Delete
  5. I have enjoyed reading your 'about' page and welcome you to the Blogger's Pit Stop. I noticed your name and wondered what your relationship was to Leanne. Now I see. We love Leanne and I am sure we will also look forward to your posts as well.
    All the best,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Please tick the "notify me" box if you'd like to receive an email when I reply to your comment.